Tuesday, January 01, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE. IT'S 1 JAN 08 HERE LIKE FINALLY. HAHA
Due to the intense boredom just now, I'd thus decided to blog an entry like how many'd done in their blogs.
And that is to reminisce about 2007? Heh.
2007.I don't know what to say. Was it a year full of happiness or a year full of sadness? What I know is that 2007 was not an easy year for me. It's a year filled with challenges and obstacles but through it all, at least I'd gained many memorable experiences.
Let me see what i can remember about 2007. :)
Band- SYF07, handing over:
This is definitely one of the memories that would be kept close to my heart. The intense practices we had and the amount of hard work that we'd put in to want that Gold for the band. The amount of tears shed was definitely heart wrenching. It was a mad rush trying to juggle school work when the earliest time we'd reach home was probably around 8pm? Now when I think about it, it fascinates me at how crazy we were, trying to get the best out of everything. How did we even survive a hectic schedule like that. It's amazing how much potential we all have in ourselves yeah. Even though we didn't get the desired outcome and faced disappointment instead, I would do anything to create music with the same group of people again. I miss Cedar Symphonic Band.
A year serving the band as the QM of Library was a col experience too. Yep thankfully my other half Lichu (FLC TREE) was always there for me. If not I would never have been able to cope with the job. Initially I'd never thought that being in the band committee would be as challenging as that. But of course I'd never regretted having the chance to serve the band. :) Yep and of course the eight of us, HA! We'd gone through so much together with our head aka CHICKEN FACE!;D HAHA! From our very first band camp to handing over to the next batch of leaders. Haha studying together with you all at Macs table was really hilarious. Thilanga's fit, our never ending visit to the canteen toilet etc. HAHA.
And of course the Tuba section. Even though I'm still confused at the fact that I'm chosen to be a Tuba player, it's really cool to be able to play the biggest and heaviest instrument alright. HAHA. I can't believe I used to be able to play those notes for such a long time. SYF together with the section was an enriching experience. Thankfully I do have a section with nice and cooperative people. Heh continue to be one of the best sections in the band alright! :D
3i'06, 4i'07:
When I first stepped into the class, I didn't feel that I belong there. Majority of the class was made up of people from 2C and 2O HAHA. Everyone already hads got their own cliques and the only people from 2S were Zhiyin and Vithiiya. Heh and then we started knowing one another better and OMG I would never ever forget the moment in which I'd dragged the tables and chairs right in front the PRC scholars. Ha for a moment I'd thought to myself like OH NO they are surely going to hate me like crazy. HAHA. But from 3i to 4i, I believe we'd bonded quite a lot. Being the class chem rep was meaningful, damn it. From calling index number 1 to 40 for the Chemistry files, to disturbing Mr Chia constantly to ask for information about the never ending Chemistry tests.
Mid year exams, Prelims, Olevels:
The highlight of the year I guess? Heh. Those events were the ones that show the significance of Secondary Four students yeah. HAHA. I think I was super stressed for Prelims, but not as tensed up for Os. Studying together with different groups of fun people was really enjoyable. Especially during Os. HAHA. It was madness when we ordered Pizza, Macs, KFC continuously. I still can remember the horrified but amused look when Mr Goh walked past us. Lol. And one day before every exam I would be on the phone with Anger and we would be telling each other how scared/ unprepared/ excited/ tired we were. Lol. Then I would be telling her, "Tsk relax. Sure easy one." HAHAHA crap madness.
And of course not forgetting the different groups of people whom I would miss very badly.
No, correction. The different groups of people whom I'm already missing.
Recess gang, Band leaders, LLBBBDD, 4i'07, Oals, Psls etc.
I MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY.
I remember last year Weiting called me on my Indo number and LLBBBDD did a countdown for new year. I was stuck in 2007 and was late by an hour. Crap this time round I'm like stuck behind by 16 hours?! CRAZY IT'S SIXTEEN HOURS DAMN IT. Ha. But no more counting down together with them this time round. I'm sad.
2 Jan would be the day in which most of you would be going to your new JCs etc. Hahaha have fun alright. I miss Cedar like crazy too. The people, the building, Aunty Lily's $1.50 Koko Crunch (ZHIYIN OWES ME KOKO CRUNCH!) etc. I want to go back and visit!!!!!!!!!
Okay now I'm feeling kinda emotional now. I miss doing many things but I just can't list them down in words. :(
Well on the otherhand, New Year's eve was spent with Indo friends.
Audi, Debby, Stef, Adri, Andree, Herian, Tou.
Went for dinner first, and then we went back to Adri's house to cook riceballs! Mwahahah. No, actually Her & Dby did most of the cooking. I sat down and watched. HAHA. Ya pathetic right, I know. It's okaaaaay. Lol and then I played chess with Audi and lost terribly in less than fifteen minutes. Eventually we played cards, I lost twice omg unbelievable but won the rest. HAHAHA.
At 11.59pm we went out of the house and prayed at exactly 12.00AM. They then sent us back. :)
Not bad eh, I thought I would be spending New Year's eve alone in a foreign country. Ha.
-
It's a new year and my msn nickname is- Jessica/ It really does hurt.
Lol, many people are asking me to change my nickname because it sounds so out of place isn't it. But it's inevitable, I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. Maybe it's just ordinary kind of mood swing. But actually I do know the reason.
We never know what we've got until it's gone.
Maybe,
I'm the one thinking too much. I'm the one feeling too much. I'm the one who assumes too much.How can I smile with a tear in my eye?
I want to learn to be able to ignore, and to be able to take things in my stride. Everything happens for a reason, including
you. And I realised, it's not easy to look into your eyes and speak anymore. I get tongue-tied, my words become confusing. This sucks.
Ignorance is bliss.
I shouldn't have hidden from the truth, and eventually allow myself to be stuck in self-dilemma. Why am I bothered by all these, it's not worth it anyway. It's like as though I'm enclosed in a dark and cold room, with nobody to turn to, with nothing to expect. I'm sitting there helplessly, hoping for someone to come and rescue me. Sometimes I notice a ray of light coming from one side of the walls, but apparently it's just my mind playing tricks on me. So it's me against myself now. I'd brought all these upon myself, I know. Eventually I have to experience the unpleasant aftermath.
Don't you care about me anymore
Care about me, I don't think so.However on a lighter note, it's a brand new year.
I should just forget about all these and start afresh right. Yes, I should clear my thoughts and allow you to disappear from my overcrowded mind.
And after everything, I ask myself one question- I thought I wanted this to happen?
No, apparently not.Goodbye and good luck. It really does hurt.
1:01 AM Tjung!